Personal Data Protection Act
At Adam Khoo Learning Centre Pte Ltd (AKLC), we recognise the importance of the personal data that are entrusted to us and are committed to properly manage, protect and process your personal data in accordance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”).
We will be reviewing our policies, procedures and processes from time to time as part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process your data. AKLC reserves the right to amend this Data Protect Policy at our own discretion.
1. Purpose for collection, use, disclosure and processing of personal data
1.1. The personal data which includes data you provide for enquiry or registration purposes (e.g. name, NRIC No., date of birth, photo etc.) of yourself and on behalf of your child may be collected, used, and/ or processed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/ will need to process personal data.
1.2. The purposes for which we have been collecting, using, disclosing and processing your or your child’s personal data include:
- To assist you with your enquiries;
- To provide you with process payment for the courses and/or any other purchases and subscriptions;
- To follow up on the renewal for a new term and upcoming events/workshops;
- To engage and update on your child’s progress;
- To be used for internal newsletter, notice board and marketing of AKLC;
- To improve customer services, such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- To conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- To keep you updated on our events; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Marketing/Optional Purposes
2.1. From time to time, we may contact you via email, electronic mail, telephone call or SMS or social media platforms, to inform you with respect to our new courses/workshops and events that we think may be of interest to you.
3. Disclosure of your Personal Data
3.1. We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us and will endeavour to keep your data safe by:
- Not disclosing the personal data provided to us to third parties without first obtaining your relevant consent;
- Conducting regular checks to ensure that only authorized persons have access to your data; and
- Putting in place reasonable security measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and to prevent any unauthorized access.
4. Accuracy of your Personal Data
4.1. We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date.
4.2. Should there be any updates or changes to your Personal Data, you may do so by informing the respective Centre Managers in charge.
5. Your rights
5.1. You may request to access your personal data provided to us. We will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time after the request had been made.
5.2. You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by writing in to
5.3. We will process your request within 30 days from the date of request. Please take note that should you choose to withdraw your consent, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide updates and parental engagement from AKLC.
6. Contact us
6.1. Should you have any questions or require more information about the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.